Hey guys, in this post I’m going to be trying out a new recipe I have seen on YouTube, it’s apparently super simple and only has 3 main ingredients, the rest are for show.
If you don’t already know this about me I am a lover of making sweet treats and cakes. So when I saw this recipe on YouTube I just had to try it. I will link the original video at the end of my post.
What you need:
- Blender/ food processor (I’m using a Nutri bullet)
- Greaseproof paper
- Microwaveable bowl
- Teaspoons and Tablespoons
- A separate bowl
- Fridge & Freezer
- Baking tray
- 1 packet of Oreos (this recipe used half the pack)
- Vegan cream cheese/ normal cream cheese (recipe for vegan cream cheese here you can also use store bought)
- Dark cooking chocolate chips
- Your chosen decorative sprinkle (chopped nuts, freeze dried fruit flakes, a whole nut – just a few options)
- Line a tray with greaseproof paper and place to the side. Make sure this tray can fit into your Refridgerator and Freezer as you’ll be using both.
- Firstly you need to place your Oreos in your blender and put it on until they form a and Oreo ‘crumb’.
- Once this has been completed empty the contents of your blender into a clean and empty bowl.
- Take one heaped tablespoon of cream cheese and mix it thoroughly into the Oreo crumbs, this should form a fairly thick paste like mixture if it is too hard simply add a little more cream cheese until you get your perfect consistency.
- Take your teaspoons and scoop just enough to fill it and place this onto the tray lined with greaseproof paper. Repeat this step until you have used all of the mixture and placed in roughly even sized scoops.
- Place these scoops in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Once they have been in the freezer for 10 minutes take them out and see if you can pick one of them up. If they are picked up easily then you can start rolling them into round balls one by one and placing them back on the greaseproof paper.
- Place them in the refrigerator while you melt the chocolate chips as per the instructions on your packet, stirring them in between microwaving.
- Once the chocolate has melted you can take the Oreo bites out of the fridge and start coating them in chocolate. I find the best way to do this is to put them on a teaspoon and pour melted chocolate over them with another teaspoon.
- Once they have been coated place them on the greaseproof paper.
- This step is completely optional but can a little something extra to your Oreo bites. Use whichever topping you desire, I went with chocolate curls, I found them in the baking aisle of Morrisons.
- Once you have added your topping you can place these back in the fridge to solidify for an hour before serving.
- Once solidified take them out and transfer them to a serving plate.
These are super simple and super tasty, you can have some fun making these and because of how simple they are it doesn’t matter about your cooking skills so much.
I had a spare clementine (mini orange) that looked lonely so I opened it up and drizzled the remaining chocolate on top to make a “healthy” chocolate orange.
So this was my little make and test review, I have tweaked the recipe slightly to fit me and to make something easier for me. This here is the link to the original channel this came from, their channel is really good and they have many tips and tricks! (BrothersGreenEats)